domingo, 23 de diciembre de 2007

Standing Ovation

My inner voice speaks of nothing,
The same I’ve been trying to silence for years.
Write now! Right now!
No question about it,
No one will ever know,
And never sleep again.
I shall never speak of it
Cause right now, write now,
There’s nothing else but pride,
That empty container you throw out
On the coldest, longest night of the year
With alcohol, blood, and truth
Flowing through the canals of your body.

Some things are funny,
Others are just fucked up.
Sometimes I miss you cause I have no choice,
Sometimes I miss you cause I have no voice,
But rather a soft whisper that taunts me
With the insistent rhythm of possibility,
With the petty sound of a face that lingers on
Across the nameless minutes of a year to come.

I can’t clean, I can’t cook,
I can’t even read a decent book,
But I’m here …
And that’s more than I can say about you.
So fuck the tic tac,
Fuck the clap clap,
Keep your standing ovation
For someone that can take your crap.

3 comentarios:

charp dijo...

Muy buen poema. Las imágenes se suceden una a la otra de manera trepidante y con gran ritmo.

Tormentas dijo...

feliz año nuevo

charp dijo...

No te claves en la textura y postea.